// More Progress | Williams Christmas Lights

More Progress

We have officially given up possession of the England house to the new owner, and are in the final stages of paperwork towards closing on the new house.  I went by the new place Saturday afternoon and took some measurements, which allowed me to start working on the display layout.  I spent a good portion of the holiday weekend getting the layout squared away and the preview for my software drawn up:


I even managed to start reworking some of the sequences that will be revamped for the new house.  I completed five sequences and am into a sixth, and I hope to have them all completed prior to our closing and subsequent moving on the 27th.  I have also added a few new songs, which I will name closer to the show kick-off.  So far, so good.

It also looks like I will be adding the first LEDs to the display this year.  No details, other than to say that they are C9 style replacement bulbs, and should be a nice addition.  I believe this move to LEDs will continue for the 2013 season, as well.  Not only are there obvious energy savings, but the bulbs do not fade, chip or break, and they last for a long time, as well.  It is a win-win once you get past the initial purchase price 🙂

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked


Get every new post delivered to your Inbox

Join other followers: